If you grow food for yourself you will know that at times you will have a glut of something. I believe that the term "too many of" is nonsense, you just need to know how to use it and even how to sneak it into things when no one is looking! These muffins are an adaptation of a carrot cake muffin I love. The courgettes are the perfect moisture adding ingredient to muffins and as always these beauties freeze wonderfully.
Note: In case you are reading this lifting your eyebrows in confusion, a courgette is a zucchini. It's a British thing!
One of the best kitchen helpers in action
COURGETTE CINNAMON MUFFINS
- 280g All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. bicarbonate of soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 80ml milk
- 30ml honey
- 120g white sugar
- 340g grated courgette
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Essence
- 90ml vegetable oil (I sued Canola)
METHOD1. Prepare muffins tins.
2. Pre-heat oven to 375F or 190C
3. In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, salt and cinnamon.
4. In a separate bowl, beat egg with a fork and add milk, honey, sugar, courgette, vanilla, oil- stir well.
5. Pour all of liquid mixture into dry. Stir just until combined- do not over mix.6. Use a quick release ice cream scoop to place the mixture into the muffin cases.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until tops spring back when pressed gently. Cool on a wire rack.