I know that Friday feeling where the lure of a pizza is just too great and you grab the phone, order and that big box of happiness arrives- yummy! Now don't get me wrong, takeaway pizza is good and I too get that Friday feeling too but I urge you to consider making your own pizza, especially if you have kids. There is not a week that goes by where pizza does not feature on our table and the toppings range from pepperoni to roasted balsamic red onion and rocket.
So bread number 16 is pizza dough and this weekend it happily fed friends and crazy running around children. Oh and the mention of making this for kids- get them to top their own pizza's, they love it!
- 500g All Purpose white flour
- 1tsp salt
- 1tsp fast action dried yeast
- 300 ml lukewarm water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a large bowl, place the flour and salt together. Mix the oil and water together and gradually add to the flour. Mix well until you obtain a dough. Knead well for couple of minutes. (Or cheat and thrown it in the mixer with a dough hook, just like I do!)
- Shape the dough into a ball and leave to rest covered with a cloth for 20 minutes.
- Split the dough into pieces and flatten the dough with the palm of your hand and using a rolling pin, roll the dough out to a thickness of half a centimetre. Place the dough on a lightly oiled baking tray, leaving the edges slightly thicker.
- Once you have added your toppings place in a hot oven- 360 F/ 250 C for 7 to 10 minutes.