PARMESAN ROCKET SALAD

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Now for all you folks who have no idea what rocket is, it's arugula but you have to admit it's UK name, rocket, just sounds way cooler!  This is one of my favourite salads.  I grew rocket in my allotment in the UK and as it's names suggest it's a fast growing leaf (shoots up like a rocket...).  This salad is the perfect accompaniment to a tomato and pesto tart, a juicy steak or a gooey risotto- in fact it's just good with anything or eaten straight from the bowl on it's own.


INGREDIENTS

  • Juice of half a lemon
  • 3 tbsp olive oil
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • 120g rocket
  • 50g Parmesan, shaved

  • METHOD

    Pour the lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper into a salad bowl and then whisk to combine. Place the rocket on top of the dressing and then using a vegetable peeler or fine grater, shave/grate the Parmesan onto the rocket.  Toss gently together using your hands to lift and turn the leaves until all the rocket is dressed. 

    Only dress this salad right before you are ready to serve it as the lemon will wilt the leaves.

    You Might Also Like

    2 comments

    1. Yum! I feel like I am the only person that loves arugula. Your recipe looks so tasty! <3 nearsightedowl.com

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. It's rather addictive! It keeps creeping onto the side of every dish I seem to make!

        Delete

    Tell me what you're thinking, I promise I don't bite!