|The best kitchen assistant|
I get the twice baked thing but the lasting a long time part- rubbish, I can eat a batch of these in no time at all!
I am a late breakfast eater. I like to get the kid to school, the husband to work, emails checked and washing on before I sit down for the first food of the day. Some days, when appointments and obligations call me out of the house early my late breakfast eating can mean I leave the house with nothing more than coffee on board and that is not good as a ginger molasses cookie from Starbucks starts to beckon me!
Biscotti are perfect for coffee drinking breakfast on the go types. Grab one on your way out and dunk into coffee and enjoy anytime.
125g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
50g sunflower seeds
50g dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 160C/350F
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl, add the egg and vanilla and mix well to form a dough.
- Lightly knead the dough on a floured work surface until smooth then shape into a log and place on a baking tray
- Bake for 25 minutes, allow to cool, then cut into slices about 1cm/½in thick.
- Place slices onto the baking tray and bake again for 5-10 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack and store in an airtight container.
|Sausage shaped dough ready for the first bake|
|Ready for the second bake|