The lure of the chocolate covered breakfast cereal is a hard one for children to resist! The packets are designed to grab their attention and focus it on turning the milk chocolaty. I understand the temptation of chocolate, I can eat it at any time so who am I to judge?
So why not give in occasionally, especially when there are some sneaky oats in there. Healthy chocolate I hear you cry- why yes, just dont tell the kids.
- Combine oats and milk and allow to stand for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200 C / 375 F and prepare a 12 hole muffin pan with cases.
- Stir egg, butter, brown sugar, vanilla with the milk and oat mixture
- Combine flour, baking powder, cocoa and salt. Then mix wet with dry- gently stirring until just moist (do not over-mix).
- Fill each cup of one 12-cup muffin tin 2/3 full.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes and cool on a wire rack.