GET TOSSING!

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

If you are not from the UK the title of my post may be alarming!  It refers to tossing Pancakes, because today is Pancake Day!  We are talking thin crepe like Pancakes not the fluffy American ones just to get the record straight. 



Pancakes are associated with the day preceding Lent because they were a way to use up rich foods such as eggs, milk, and sugar, before the fasting season of the 40 days of Lent hence Pancake Day! 

It is also tradition to try and toss the pancake over to cook on the other side by flicking the pan and tossing the pancake into the air before catching it again (or hitting the floor or sticking the pancake to the roof- all have been done by me many times!)

Enjoy your pancakes!

Link to the perfect pancake recipe by the legendary Delia

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Tell me what you're thinking, I promise I don't bite!