Lemon and Lime Posset

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

This is a fabulous English pudding that is a miracle of low effort, high reward cooking. 

  • 600ml double/heavy/whipping cream
  • 140g sugar
  • 1 lime- zested finely and juiced
  • 1 lemon- zested finely and juiced
1. Prepare your serving dishes- I like to use either shot glasses or small coffee/tea cups.  This is a very rich dessert and I like to serve it in small portions with a thin, crispy biscuit- homemade or bought, tuile or ginger for preference.  This will fill 6 ramekins (large portions) or 10-12 teacups or shot glasses.
2. Place the sugar and cream in a saucepan. 
3. Over a medium flame, heat the cream and sugar till just under the boil whilst gently stirring.
4. Take off the heat and whisk in the zest and juice.
5. Pour into dishes and refrigerate for at least 2-3 hours till set. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Tell me what you're thinking, I promise I don't bite!